mercredi 27 octobre 2010

L-I-F-E

“  – Doctor Sax, whirl me no Shrouds – open up your heart and talk to me – in those days he was silent, sardonic, laughed in tall darkness.
    Now I hear him scream from the bed of the brim –
   “The Snake is Rising Inch an Hour to destroy us – yet you sit, you sit, you sit. Aïeee, the horrors of the East – make no fancy up-carves to the Ti-bet wall that a Kangaroo’s mule eared cousin – Frezels! Grawns! Wake to the test in your frails – Snake’s a Dirty Killer – Snake’s a Knife in the Safe – Snake’s a horror – only birds are good – murderous birds are good – murderous snakes, no good."
       Little booble-face laughs, plays in the street, knows no different – Yet my father warned me for years, it’s a dirty snaky deal with a fancy name – called L-I-F-E – more likely H-Y-P-E ... How rotten the walls of life do get – how collapsed the tendon beam ...”

Kerouac, Jack. Doctor Sax. Grove Press, New York, 1959. Page 77.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire