mardi 5 avril 2011

Get ready to be busy in the world

« Thing was – Maggie wanted me to be more firm and binding in my contractual marriages of mate and heart with her – she wanted me to stop acting like a schoolboy and get ready to be busy in the world, make headways for her and our brood, and breed. Spring rank suggested this in breezes of prim river that now I began to enjoy as the iced ruts in Maggie’s Massachussetts Street began to uncongeal, crystal, crack, and swim – “Frick frack” would have the goodlooking hoodlum on the corner of Aiken and Moody Street and still your May’d come. “Damfool” will be the lark saying on a branch and I know that juices and syrup sops would pulse come throbbing springtime – “Never know would ye the wood was damp on the bottom” would be saying the old champions out in pine fields. I’d walk all over Lowell aweing and ooing my measures to the brain. Doves too coo. The wind like harp’ll blow blah blah over Lowell. »

Kerouac, Jack. Maggie Cassidy. Penguin Books, 1959. p. 150

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire